In many parts of the world, seismic certification is becoming a key requirement for generator sets, especially when they are installed in large buildings or facilities in urban areas.
International Building Code (IBC) compliance/certification is a worldwide accepted recognition provided by the VMC Group who are independently recognised as a "Certified Seismic Qualification Agency".
In 2015 we achieved full IBC seismic certification on our P800 and P1700 generator sets. Moving into 2018 we have achieved full IBC seismic certification across our 730 – 2500 kVA range at 50 Hz.
Our generator set product certification data can be viewed on the VMC website.
To ensure we meet the rigorous seismic zone certification our generator sets have the following advanced features:
- Dedicated rigid panel stand mounted off base side rail
- Robust steel rolled baseframe design
- Specifically sized VMC spring isolators with integral seismic restraint provided between floor and generator set
- Silicone bellow connections on charge air pipework
- Support stay bars included giving increased stability to the top of the radiator
- 730 - 1,875 kVA offering AG performance level coming from the IEC standard of AG5 - greater than 7.0 on the Richter scale
- 2,000 - 2,500 kVA offering AG performance level coming from the IEC standard of AG2/3 - up to 7.0 on the Richter scale